MyHost shared and reseller servers support Silverstripe Hosting. We've now made it easier to install Silverstripe, through our automated script installer, Softaculous.
Our web hosting control panel cPanel includes Softaculous, an automated script installer.
Simply login to cPanel and click on the "Softaculous" button to access the autoinstaller, which will take care of installing the latest stable version, setup permissions, and databases all with a click of a button.
Please follow the instructions below to install Silverstripe:
- Download the stable versoin of Silverstripe - http://silverstripe.org/stable-download (.tar.gz version)
- Upload it to your public_html folder, or a subfolder within that folder.
- Login to cPanel and unzip the .tar.gz file.
- Create a folder named "silverstripe-cache" in your public_html folder (or whichever subfolder you choose for your root Silverstripe installation). Give this folder permissions of 755.
- Browse to http://YOUR DOMAIN/install.php
- Login to cPanel to create the MySQL database and user.
- Fill out the rest of the page with your administrator email and password.
- Your Silverstripe installation is now complete. Don't forget to delete the installation directory!